Saturday, March 5, 2011

Great News and Messy Situations


We just found out some wonderful news yesterday! The FDA may approve one of the main drugs used to treat Dravet Syndrome this fall!! It is called clobozam and it will be marketed as Onfi here in the states. We are so excited and hope to hear more good news as time goes on.


On the other hand we have experienced messy situations x 3 the last two days. Hannah had shown to have put on a whopping 5oz at her last visit to the dr this week. Since we are worried about her growth this was less than what we had hoped for but at least it was a gain. Well needless to say she has probably lost it between yesterday and today. She has been VERY constipated the last week so I decided to feed her a SMALL jar of prunes. I probably will just stop there becasue I am sure you can imagine the outcome. I decided from now on I will just put a dropperful into her other food every few days to keep things moving. :) Maybe one day I will be able to say she put on a pound but it seems that today is not that day. Overall she is doing ok. She has been having myoclonic seizures everyday this week and one day she had the 5 min tonic clonic but overall is has been a pretty calm week. I am learning a lot of new information everyday and I sometimes feel like my brain is on overload but I welcome the knowledge. Knowledge is power and I plan to use it in the fight for my daughter. She is my promise.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow...prunes are not for her huh? :-) Praying that God works mightily for her. Still believing in a miracle.... love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I enjoy reading all about this little promise!! God is faithful!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to be able to read more about how your little "Bundle of Promise and Possibility" is doing!

    She is a darling.... (Actually y'all do have some of the CUTEST kids)

    Love bunches, and holding y'all close in prayer,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete